Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Catch Up


So….I have been absent from the weekly blog/pregnancy posts for a while now. Let’s play catch up.

Week 26
Our house in Little Rock goes on the market. Talk about having a cleaning frenzy to get ready for this big occasion! At this point, Nate is still preaching out every weekend, I’m going with him when I can but still having to work some weekends in Little Rock.

Week 27
This turns out to be a busy week for us. We start our Thursday night birthing classes at Birth Works (another post in itself), Nate’s cousin gets married and he performs the ceremony while my sister and I do music. We officially start our new position as Staff Pastor at Connect.Point Church and I also start getting sick this week.

Week 28
We enter allergy season in the great state of Arkansas. I’ve never dealt with severe allergies until pregnancy and then it hit me HARD. Sinus infections, multiple problems and several days off work. Talk about miserable. This lead to major stress on my body, complications and some scary moments for all of us.

Week 29
This week was full of doctor’s appointments, tests, bed rest and medications. Thankfully the Lord intervened and I’m now okay and med-free. Our little man was a champ through it all and never was affected by all my problems.

Week 30
This was my birthday week. I was able to spend a few days in Eureka Springs with my two favorite ladies (my mom and sister) relaxing, exploring, pampering and having a wonderful time on our last “girls only” trip before O gets here. I also got a surprise baby shower from the sweet ladies at my work!
  
Week 31
We had two baby showers during this week. The first one was from our family and friends in NE Arkansas, and then the second one from our new church family at Connect.Point. Mom and I had a power “sewing” weekend and worked hard on getting O’s bedding ready to go.

Week 32
My last weekend to work! It was a crazy weekend too. I scared everyone, including myself, by deciding to have some serious labor moments. Thank God we were able to slow things down. My little guy is already showing his impatience!

Week 33
We celebrated Easter with our Connect.Point family! It was a nice, relaxing weekend to prelude our next few weeks of craziness.

Week 34
AKA the craziest week of my life. Our sweet friends and family came down and helped us pack up our entire house in 2 days. Friday, we spent all day packing our UHAUL and then drove it to our new house (through the rain and terrible road construction, I might add). Saturday, we unpacked. Sunday, church. Sunday night we drive 3 hours to my in-laws. Monday morning we get up at 4am, drive 6 hours to Dallas, spend several hours at IKEA buying furniture for our new house, then drive 6 hours back to my in-laws. Tuesday, we drive 3 hours home, unload our truck, then 3 hours back to my in-laws. Wednesday, we drive to Little Rock, we work a full day, see our doctor and then drive 2 hours home. A few words: crazy, exhausted, and swollen ankles. I never thought we would live through it.

Week 35
We closed on our house in Little Rock! We also started the daily commute back and forth from our home to Little Rock for work. The commute itself isn’t bad, until you add one-lane road construction. We’ve seen some pretty hairy stuff during our travels. I’m so thankful for the Lord’s protection through it all!

And now here we are. All caught up. I realize that this post has been more about our life over the last few months than my pregnancy, per say. But that’s what our blog is for. A place for us to capture the journey of life.   

0 comments: