Monday, March 8, 2010

The Last Three Years

The last three years of my life have brought many new seasons of change. Here's a quick recap:


2007:
-Graduated from nursing school
-Passed NCLEX to get my RN license
-Moved 3 hours away from my hometown (where I had lived for 19 years!)
-Internship in a PICU 1 hour away from my new home
-New friend-lationship with this guy named Nate
-Purchased an iPhone and began a life long relationship with Apple
-Decided the PICU wasn't for me and began a new job as a pediatric nurse in the "Boro"
-Friend-lationship with Nate takes some interesting turns and continues to grow

2008:
-Promoted to charge nurse at my new job
-Multiple trips with my family and friends
-Decide to become more involved with my new church family in the "Boro"
-After a DTR (define the relationship) Nate and I decide to move our relationship forward
-Offered a music minister position at the new church, which I accept
-Decide to go back to school to work towards a higher nursing degree and a minor in music
-Go to an "as-needed" position at work
-A good friend gets married in Louisiana
-Several close friends give birth to beautiful babies!
-Organize my first Christmas Cantata as a music minister, which is relatively successful
-Nate becomes a Student Pastor in a metro area
-Nate graduates from collage and I go with his family on a ski trip to celebrate
-We celebrate our first Christmas together

2009:
-I continue to go back to school
-I'm offered a job at my dream hospital and take an "as-needed" position in the ER there. The hospital is conveniently located in the metro area where Nate pastors.
-Life becomes chaotic as I juggle the responsibilities of school, living in two cities, a serious relationship and a job as Music Minister.
-I find the puppy of my dreams, fall in love and bring her home. Sweet Isabella Dora (known as Bella) is almost one year old!
-My best friend from nursing school is involved in a terrible accident and I rush back to my hometown to be by her side during recovery.
-My family decides to go on a cruise to Jamaica and we have a wonderful experience! The only downside was being away from Nate for several days.
-My sister (and best friend) moves several hours away to go to college. This is very very hard on both of us emotionally.
-A close friend is married!
-I decide to move to the metro to decrease the chaos that continually reigns in my life
-I move in with a friend, which proves to be the most interesting experience I've ever had.
-Decide to go full time at my dream hospital. I have a night shift schedule and try to cope with the changes that brings.
-Battle multiple bouts of homesickness being so far away from my family.
-Go with my family and Nate to Chicago for Thanksgiving. WE LOVE CHICAGO!
-A few weeks later, my family and Nate's family go on another skiing trip to New Mexico.
-During this vacation, Nate asks the most precious question of all....and I answer yes!
-We begin to furiously plan a summer wedding and I find the "perfect" dress
-Christmas is celebrated with both families and we welcome the new year with anticipation

2010:
-We begin house shopping
-We find a house and make an offer!
-I officially join youth staff and make efforts to become more involved in the church where Nate pastors.
-We purchase a house and become proud homeowners!
-I move into the house and we begin re-modeling plans
-Wedding plans are put on temporary hold as we become consumed with the house
-I get sick
-During my recovery, I decide to start a blog!

....And this should bring you up to date! This by no means conveys everything that we have gone through the in the last three years. There have been many moments of great sorrow, tragedy, laughter, frustration, change, goodness, and love. Every moment has lead us closer to each other and closer to our Savior. Despite the overwhelming amount of changes life has presented, He has kept me close and I know He is leading my path. Looking forward to sharing more!

-Ashley

0 comments: