Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Busy Times

The past few days of our lives have been extremely busy but exciting. We started the weekend with a quick trip to St. Louis to watch my sister perform with her college and do a live recording. It was wonderful to see my sister and spend time with my family! I really do miss my family so much right now.

After the flying 2 day trip to STL, we came back home just in time to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. We also met my brother-in-law's new girlfriend and we absolutely adored her! Definitely would love to see her become part of the family :)

Sunday was full of church activities, youth staff meetings and the time change. I absolutely HATE it when the time changes. My internal clock is already so out of whack and "springing" that clock forward definitely did not help anything!

Monday, we traveled to Nate's hometown to register for wedding gifts and houseware. It was an overwhelming and fun experience. I'm definitely looking forward to registering at some more stores!

Monday night and tonight have been extremely busy in the ER. A ton of sick kids and crazy parents. But that seems to be the life of the ER :)

On a sad note, a fellow nurse in the ER lost her only daughter yesterday in a car accident. The daughter left behind 3 young children. It's sobering when you are face to face with unexpected death of those close to you. Prayers for her family would be appreciated.

Today (or really yesterday) was my birthday! It's the first birthday I've had where I've worked my entire birthday. Love the life of an adult. It honestly never felt like my birthday because I worked the night before, slept all day and am back at work tonight. I did get lots of Twitter, Facebook and texting love though. I'm so thankful to my friends and family for making it a special day for me. My sweet fiance gave me beautiful and thoughtful gifts and then took me out to my favorite restaurant. I couldn't have asked for more!

Now, I'm heading back into the madness of the ER. I just wanted to give a quick update! I'll be sure and post more details and pictures later.

-Ashley

0 comments: